Re: [TenTec] Orion Relay Noise

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Relay Noise
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:42:05 -0600
In many cases relay clicking may be better or worse depending on how tight
the relay is mounted to the printed circuit board.  If the person doing the
board assembly pushes the relay down tight to the board the result may be
more noticeable noise.  If the relay is allowed to stand a millimeter or two
above the board then the only thing touching the board is the support pins
and not the relay body.  This usually results in quieter operating relays.

Personally in either case, I would not think the amount of relay noise in
these radios would be any hindrance to ones operation.

73
Bob, K4TAX