Re: [TenTec] Omni V Maximum voltage

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni V Maximum voltage
From: Steve Berg <wa9jml@tbc.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 09:47:12 -0600
It has been a good many years since I worked at Motorola on Micors.  If
I recall correctly, these radios had an internal power supply regulator
for crucial circuits.  The radio was supposed to function with voltages
ranging from 10.8 to 16.2 volts.  Power output would normally be less at
the lowest voltage.  I once hooked my Omni V up to an inferior quality
power supply.  When turned on, the radio shut down immediately.  I
checked the power supply voltage and discovered that it had gone up to
24 volts.  I cut the power cord off of the tripp lite supply, and it now
resides in the local landfill.  After some e-mails, Paul there at Ten
Tec assured me that the Omni was not dead, and after several hard
resets, it has worked well ever since.

73,

Steve WA9JML