Re: [TenTec] Better Bulb Life in TenTec 229, 238 Tuners

To: Ron Castro <ronc@sonic.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Better Bulb Life in TenTec 229, 238 Tuners
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 18:25:37 -0600
On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 12:34 -0800, Ron Castro wrote:
> The ones I ordered have a diffuser, although I won't know how good it works
> until I get one installed.  Here is more information if anyone is
> interested:
>
> http://www.bulbtown.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=L8047
>
>          Ron N6IE
>       www.N6IE.com

I could be going blind, but I don't see that they claim a power or light
level. Its rather difficult to compare with other products (like
incandescent lamps) with no data.  I notice in the larger lamps like the
one that replaces a 1056, they appear to be only end fire and again they
don't mention power or light values. They do claim power and light for
the 120 volt reflector lamp replacements, so they have heard of such
things.

73, Jerry, K0CQ