Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Jupiter on PSK31

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Jupiter on PSK31
From: John Graves <jh.graves@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 23:10:55 -0500
Rick,

I have been operating my Jupiter directly from my soundcard into the
line input and output.  I am now running as suggested.  That is I have
set the power output to 100 watts. Then I reduce the soundcard levels so
that the ALC light just goes out and does not flicker.  Depending on
band, and maybe SWR, it yields 30-50 Watts output.  I have been
receiving reports on my clean signal with this setup.

My output from the Jupiter is moderated by the soundcard as well.  I
reduce the input level until I see a nice clean signal on the waterfall
display.

I also operate RTTY with the same settings and that seems to work very
well also.

Regards,
John Graves
WA1JG