Re: [TenTec] O2_dreps_top_spot

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] O2_dreps_top_spot
From: "Barry N1EU" <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 08:26:50 -0500
On Feb 19, 2008 8:01 AM,  <pa5mw@home.nl> wrote:
> p.s. the Orion tested at Sherwood are shown with specs using the internal
> 1000Hz std roofing filter , right?

Yes, I believe the Orion was tested with the 1Khz filter because it
performed better than the narrow filters with the old design.  The
Orion II was tested with the 300hz roofing filter.

At this point in time, I think it's a toss up between the Orion and K3
main receivers (they're both fantastic), although that can change by
future firmware developments in either radio.  The K3 subreceiver is
going to be far superior to the Orion's however, whether or not that
matters.  Of course an Orion III would change everything.

73,
Barry N1EU