Re: [TenTec] O2_dreps_top_spot

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] O2_dreps_top_spot
From: "Barry N1EU" <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:42:29 -0500
On Feb 19, 2008 9:32 AM,  <pa5mw@home.nl> wrote:
> The bandwidth control IS still unsurpassed by today. Turn BW down to 100Hz
> and you get the same great audio as with any width. NO ringing, NO digital
> artifacts.
> That is unique. I still find that amazing and its more than I ever expected.

I like the narrow filtering as well.  The reason it doesn't ring at
100hz is because the filter slopes are fairly shallow compared with
other radios, even with the Orion filtering set to 199 Taps.  To some
extent, the filter is really broader than indicated because of the
shallow slopes.  That's the way I like it, but it should be understood
why you're hearing what you're hearing.

73,
Barry N1EU