Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 shelved for 10 years

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 shelved for 10 years
From: "John Pelham" <john@radiophile.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 19:57:47 -0500
I admit I did not consider the ripple current parameter.  The original
Mallory CGSs are rated at 2.9A, 85C.  The GU-series Nichicons are rated at
1.85A, 105C.  Not too different.  I will be the test case for longevity.
The originals lasted only 18 years.

I also found that Nichicon makes a high ripple current cap, series GW.  This
one is rated at 2.65A, 105C and, strangely, is slightly _smaller_ than the
ones I used.

73,
John, W1JA