Re: [TenTec] Orion firmware gripes!

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion firmware gripes!
From: John Huffman <hjohnc@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 17:44:39 -0500
As a new owner of an Orion 1, I'm very happy with the radio.  It's like
a sports car, built for performance and not for comfort.

The sub-receiver AM problem I asked about I would consider a bug that
needs fixing.

Many of the other items appear to be improvements or enhancements.  I
expect bugs to be fixed, but just hope enhancements are added.

For example, I sure like the knob on the Omni VII that you can press and
it goes from being AF Gain to being RF Gain.  It would be great to have
that on the Orion.  But, I don't expect such an added feature.

That old "bug ridden" Orion 1 back in 2003 was still the best amateur
radio receiver, bar none.

If I wanted to cruise the roads in the plush comfort of a big Buick, I
would have bought a Pro 3  :-)

73 de K1ESE
John