Re: [TenTec] Voltage drop

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Voltage drop
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 08:37:14 -0600
Ideally there should be none.

However, in practice, and we'll presume you are referencing the voltage
required to operate a 12 volt DC 100 watt transceiver, then 0.1 to 0.2 volts
would normally be acceptable.  This is about 1%  {13.8 * 1% = 0.138}  If
every thing operates in a straight line fashion, then the output of the
radio would not be 100 watts but less 10% or 90 watts.  Then we get into the
dynamic regulation caused by the changing load due to CW or voice peaks.

Short power leads, good power supply regulation and #12 wire for runs of 6
ft or less work quite well.  Be sure all terminals are soldered and not just
crimped.  Makes for lower IR loss.

73
Bob, K4TAX