Re: [TenTec] proper caps for Omni V?--> Sanyo Oscon

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] proper caps for Omni V?--> Sanyo Oscon
From: Hutchinson <Hutchinson@yourlink.ca>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 10:13:00 -0600
Joe,

Thanks for that information.on Sanyo Oscons  I did a Google search for
them and came up with some interesting reading.

http://us.sanyo.com/industrial/electronic_components/capacitors/os_con/overview.cfm

Lots of good stuff (in PDF format) to look at and read.

A question was asked regarding where they (not necessarily the Sanyo
caps but low ESR caps in general)
may NOT be the best choice, and thats covered on the Sanyo site too, so
you may want to read the "precautions"
PDF.   Basically it says due to low ESR, consideration must be given to
circuits that are sensitive to inrush current.
In those circuits, you just have to design things a with a bit of
forethought, keeping inrush current in mind.

http://us.sanyo.com/industrial/electronic_components/capacitors/os_con/downloads/oscon_precautions.pdf

Since I'm on daily digest mode, if this has been answered already,
please forgive the repeat. Great subject.  I'm
certainly enjoying a good discussion, and its got me considering
recapping my Corsair II.

73 Dave
VE5AEA