Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 64, Issue 6

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 64, Issue 6
From: Darrell Bellerive <va7to@yahoo.ca>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 14:16:00 -0700
>From Standards for the Operation of Radio Stations in the Amateur Radio
Service RBR-4:

10.        Restrictions on Capacity and Power Output
The transmitting power of an amplifier installed at an amateur station shall
not be capable of exceeding by more than 3 dB the limits on transmitting
power described in this section.

10.1       Amateur Radio Operator Certificate with Basic Qualification
The holder of an Amateur Radio Operator Certificate with Basic Qualification
is limited to a maximum transmitting power of:
(a) where expressed as direct-current input power, 250 W to the anode or
collector circuit of the transmitter stage that supplies radio frequency
energy to the antenna; or
(b) where expressed as radio frequency output power measured across an
impedance-matched load,
    (i) 560 W peak envelope power for transmitters that produce any type of
single sideband emission, or
    (ii) 190 W carrier power for transmitters that produce any other type of
emission.

10.2       Amateur Radio Operator Certificate with Basic and Advanced
Qualifications
The holder of an Amateur Radio Operator Certificate with Basic and Advanced
Qualifications is limited to a maximum transmitting power of:
(a) where expressed as direct-current input power, 1,000 W to the anode or
collector circuit of the transmitter stage that supplies radio frequency
energy to the antenna; or
(b) where expressed as radio frequency output power measured across an
impedance-matched load,
    (i) 2,250 W peak envelope power for transmitters that produce any type of
single sideband emission, or
    (ii) 750 W carrier power for transmitters that produce any other type of
emission.

--
Darrell Bellerive
Amateur Radio Stations VA7TO and VE7CLA