Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec 238A settings?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec 238A settings?
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 17:38:09 -0600
On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 16:11 -0700, Denton wrote:
> Dug out my trusty link coupled transmatch that is made exclusively for twin
> lead and pressed it into service. Have found another tap that give me less
> sharp tuning range for 75 and 80 meters....now to find something for 6
> meters.
> Will probably take the ten tec 238a and a couple of LDG auto tuners to the
> Yakima hamfest in the morning and see if can do some horse trading.

I've built a couple 6m tuners. Usually about 4 or 6 turns of #12 1"
diameter with a little gap in the middle for an adjustable link. Tuned
by a split capacitor probably 35 pf each section, either dual or
butterfly capacitor. Two turn link of insulated 12 gauge wire. Move it
in and out or fix the link and put in a 50 pf variable series capacitor
on the link ground side. Tap the antenna balanced feed line a couple
turn out from the center link gap. I used one of those to tune an 80
double extended Zepp for years. Worked great in the directions it worked
good, lousy between the many lobes.

73, Jerry, K0CQ