Re: [TenTec] amp

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] amp
From: "Duane Calvin" <ac5aa1@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 19:50:18 -0500
John,
        You'll find a 600W amp probably does about all you want an amp to
do.  It makes a big difference over 100w, and is only a half S-unit weaker
than max legal limit at the other end of the QSO.  I like my Alpha 99 a lot,
but I never run it over 800W due to fear of invoking the ire of neighbors,
and could have lived with a lot less amp than what I have.

        73, Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas
www.ac5aa.com