Re: [TenTec] Alpha 89

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Alpha 89
From: "Robert Carroll" <w2wg@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 18:02:08 -0400
Bob-

The 86 and 89 are PIN switched--no relay. You COULD get into trouble if the
transceiver put out RF before sending the keying signal that causes the PINs
to switch.  The PINS switch very quickly.  It's been a long time since I
looked at the pretty detailed description in the original 86 documentation,
but the purpose of the grain of wheat bulbs is to blow before damage can
occur to the very expensive and hard to find PINs.

73
Bob W2WG