Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Transceiver Survey

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Transceiver Survey
From: Dave Heil <k8mn@frontiernet.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 15:46:16 +0000
Bill Ames wrote:
> In 1960, $3,000.00 from 2007 is worth:
>
>  $428.57  using the Consumer Price Index
>  $527.56  using the GDP deflator
>  $335.24  using the value of consumer bundle
>  $362.57  using the unskilled wage
>  $190.63  using the nominal GDP per capita
>  $114.09  using the relative share of GDP

> I could not afford the above prices in 1960 nor the 3000 today...

The only true measure of the value of something would be how many hours
would you have worked in 1960 to purchase something compared to how many
hours you'd have to work today to obtain a like device.  What makes the
comparison difficult is that yesterday's top of the line equipment just
wouldn't do what today's entry level equipment will do.

Dave Heil K8MN