Re: [TenTec] New generation ham's-offtopic but had to say something

To: "'Rick Denney'" <rick@rickdenney.com>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New generation ham's-offtopic but had to say something
From: "Bob Close" <rclose@nhwisp.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 09:03:49 -0400
I guess I had better get working on being depressed, and give up my working
CW (after all, I can't go much faster than 35 wpm, so I obviously never
bothered learning the code)( and I hate keyboard code, so I must be an old
fogy), and I can always take down a few towers that I use for propagation
experiments--I don't need this 5.8GHz knowledge anyways, since I have a wire
for 10-80mtrs.  I can always sell my son's dirtbike--the time we spend
together should be spent on watching skinny guys run the marathon in Boston
while I direct traffic with a 2-mtr rig plugged into my ear--community
"service".   When I had two good legs I ran a fair amount, because it was
fun. IMHO Tri-athletes are symptomatic of carrying things to the
extreme-trying to prove something to themselves I guess. (Like 100lb women
driving 3 ton SUVs to carry their 6 pound baby?) Go for it, dude.  Don't
expect me to understand! And, I can sell the old camper I maintain for
field-day.  It would be much more satisfying to spend the weekend in a leaky
tent--proves that I am tough enough to be a ham. And to equate the
successful continuation of a democracy is somehow connected to "contribution
to ham radio" confuses me.  I guess the years of studying philosophy have
been for nothing.  "Anyone who has declared someone else to be an idiot, a
bad apple, is annoyed when it turns out in the end that he isn't" (Fredrich
Nietzsche).  Off to send a few more bucks to Ron Paul...but that is a waste
of time, so never mind.
    Doom, doom, defeat, depression.  There, I have achieved nirvana. I must
be happy.

It has removed 903 spam emails to date.