Re: [TenTec] New generation ham's-offtopic but had to say something

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>, "Rick Denney" <rick@rickdenney.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New generation ham's-offtopic but had to say something
From: "Jim Brown K9YC" <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 20:21:19 -0700
On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 23:06:45 -0400, Rick Denney wrote:

>An extremely important point to remember is that there is no
>exclusivity between "contributing" and "having fun". These two
>characteristics should both be true.

I completely agree. I started in ham radio in 1955. I finished my
BSEE in 1964. I have been studying SOMETHING nearly every day since
-- everything from more electronics to acoustics to photography to
business to economics to RFI and EMC, computers, software,
geography, world politics, and so on. In the process I have learned
many new things, and gained considerable pleasure from all the work
and experience. I'm still at it, still doing research, typically
writing several technical papers and/or tutorials each year, sharing
what I've learned at ham clubs, and so on. I'm also working on
improving both my station and my operating skills.

When I stop, it will time for someone to throw dirt on me.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC