[TenTec] firmware crash issue and bad uploads

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] firmware crash issue and bad uploads
From: "Leonard J. Umina" <umina55@theuminas.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 19:58:09 -0700
I finally got my Orion to upload 2.062 and verify OK after the upload.  I
did it by messing with the windows driver for the com port.  In my case I
was using a USB com port which is all I have and I was getting bad verifies
and the rig would crash with varying symptoms depending on where the bad
data was I'm sure.

I set the com port (control panel/ system/device manager/ports/com3) for
hardware flow control.  I also adjusted the response parameters for faster
response.  The very next upload worked perfectly, and the verify gave me the
message I wanted to see..File and Firmware verified OK.

73,

WT6G

Len

  _____

Virus Database (VPS): 080507-0, 05/07/2008
Tested on: 5/7/2008 7:57:47 PM