Re: [TenTec] 95% Shield

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 95% Shield
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 15:17:55 -1000
> One more point, any well designed broadcast or commercial transmitter
> installation is going to include some type of output filtering in the
> transmission line, or at least some form of interference reduction device.
> whether it be a filter,isolator or whatever. It is just good engineering
> practice.

Too bad not all installations use good engineering practice. In my
experience paging system transmitters we're the most likely ones to not
use isolators or filter cavities. I guess the reason is that they don't
need to receive, at least not at any frequency their spurs bother, so
they don't care to spend the money or lose a few tenths of a dB in TX
signal strength for the benefit of their neighbors on the same mountain
who do have sensitive receivers.

DE N6KB