Re: [TenTec] 95% Shield

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 95% Shield
From: Jim WA9YSD <wa9ysd@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 11:21:44 -0700 (PDT)
The point is, "IT IS NO ENCOUNTERING SERIOUS TVI", the point is they get TVI no
matter how minimal, it is there and just bothers the neighbors.  The point is,
they may not know how to contact the FCC to complain.

If a good low pass filter is needed, take another look at your antennas and
feed line.  If there is a problem, the low pass filter is not effective and you
will not get the results your going to expect.  Once that is accomplished the
low pass filter may help.  A well designed radio like Ten-Tec has this type of
design and I feel it is not necessary to have another one.  Most radio
equipment has this type of filtering theses days.

Leukemia is linked to long term exposer to RF fields,  High percentage of Radio
engineers has it and/or died from it.

Filter on a TV?  Does that work?  Not for me.  Been there tried that. Google my
QTH look at the residential area.  It is just like havening a TV in your own
home.  Common mode currents, Jim Brown is on the money.  Is it worth the effort
to do what manufacturers did not do?  You start offering your services is like
stirring  up a hornets nest.  Best is to take care of your station and get it
best you can then go to the neighbors if your confident and capable to do it.
I am not capable  and confident enough to go to the neighbors nor am I foolish
enough to do it.  I am a chicken.

Screen room?  Too much for my pocket book.  Especially all those filters that
are need for every wire in and out of it.  Screen room defeats the purpose if
you put a transmitter inside and an antenna outside.  Doesn't it?

Keep The Faith, Jim K9TF/WA9YSD