Re: [TenTec] Orion 565 Oscillator frequency problem

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 565 Oscillator frequency problem
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 20:43:54 -0700
I also wish the oscillator could be replaced with an aftermarket unit, maybe
one like this:

http://www.greenrayindustries.com/library/yh1420.pdf

I don't know what those cost, but I would pay $200 to get better stability.
I know a lot of folks don't really care, but for ESSB, 10 Hz off frequency
starts to get noticeable.  Besides, I just like being accurate!

         Ron  N6IE
      www.N6IE.com