Re: [TenTec] 95% Shield

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 95% Shield
From: "Gary Hoffman" <ghoffman@spacetech.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 15:34:42 -0400
Hi Carter,

I am referring to RF that is MUCH higher than anything we use as hams.

There is Controversy about exactly what frequency is the threshold above
which it is ionizing.

All are agreed that frequencies higher than visible light are ionizing.

You will get an argument about frequencies below that....some argue that the
very high gigahertz range is.

But no one says that like, 2.4 ghz for instance, which we use a lot, is
ionizing.

Damaging maybe....with enough power you can heat and even cook
things.....but not ionizing.