Re: [TenTec] Bazooka antenna.. More than you wanted to know!

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Bazooka antenna.. More than you wanted to know!
From: Jim WA9YSD <wa9ysd@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 18:57:57 -0700 (PDT)
2000pf capacitor is not your normal find at a swap fest these days.  I have
seen this use before and one of the hams on field day built one and we used it.
 Only problem was we had nothing up to compare it with.  That was 10 years ago.

It is nice that these programs work out as expected.  How ever, I found the DB
antenna to be just as quiet as a folded dipole when I ran a comparison on 17M
last year for about 3 weeks.  The double
bazooka was a better receiving antenna when I tested them.  Looking back at my
notations The Double Bozooka noise floor was a needle width less than the
folded dipole on the OMNI VI Plus on 17M.  Maybe because of my location which
is not  NOT a IDEAL situation, the Double Bazooka worked better for me on 17M
for what ever reason.  I challenge any one to put one of these up and compare
it side by side to another wire antenna and see what happens.  Theory says I am
off my rocker, the thing works well for me.

It is a fun antenna to play with.  It stood up against the 124 inches of snow
and wind we had this last winter.  Its all about strain relief and how it is
done to keep it in the air and the same for any wire antenna.

 Keep The Faith, Jim K9TF/WA9YSD