Re: [TenTec] Headphones

To: "bill ogden" <billogden@optonline.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Headphones
From: "EI6DL" <ei6dl@eircom.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 09:12:45 +0100
From: "bill ogden" <billogden@optonline.net>
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 10:43 PM
Subject: [TenTec] Headphones

> I need new headphones for my Orion 1.  Am looking at the Sony MDR-V700.
These are a bit expensive, but my one experience with them was very good.
The nominal impedance is 24 ohms. Is this a reasonable value for the Orion?
My previous headphones (cheap; impedance unknown) were a little low on audio
output --- in rare cases I had both the RF and AF gain at maximum for very
weak CW signals on a quiet band.