Re: [TenTec] OT elect grounds

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT elect grounds
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 10:35:11 -0600
On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 03:29 +0000, Charles Harpole wrote:
> In Thailand, there are NO ground rods at each electric pole,
>
> nor anywhere else I can find.  "Pro" installers screwed the
>
> gnd wire for my air con unit to the plaster wall.  Buuzzzzz.
>

> Charles Harpole   HS0ZCW
> k4vud@hotmail.com

Since removing ground wires and rods generally doesn't fry the thief,
they probably had such grounds but they've all been "recycled" to cash.
Audacious "recyclers" try to recycle live power lines, but sometimes
find their leather gloves won't handle 115 KV, and worse that the
conductors are Aluminum with a steel core, not worth nearly as much as
copper. Going after old copper at 7200 volts has cost lives in the US
too. 7200 and up is very effective at frying (practically instantly)
humans.

73, Jerry, K0CQ