Re: [TenTec] OT: coax versus parallel wire

To: Denton <denton@oregontrail.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: coax versus parallel wire
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 20:21:27 -0600
On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 17:12 -0700, Denton wrote:
> I am using homebrew ladderline with 4 1/2 inch spacing to feed a 230 ft
> horizontal loop. Would you consider that to be excessive for use on 10
> meters

Its probably on the wide side, just means the feedline gets to help with
the radiation more than if it was closer spaced. If you aren't annoyed
by computer hash from appliances or 10m TVI, I'd keep on using it. If
you have those problems, closer spacing should reduce them. Its not an
abrupt function, but radiation from the feed line at this spacing is
pretty much proportional to the spacing, so cutting the spacing in half
cuts the radiation maybe  as much as 6 dB. Not a humongous change.

> I am using the loop on 80 thru 10 meters. Can redo the spacers easily
> enough.

73, Jerry, K0CQ