Re: [TenTec] Looking for a rig upgrade...

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Looking for a rig upgrade...
From: d.e.warnick@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 15:46:43 +0000
You asked, so here are my thoughts.

With a $2K budget for a new rig, you can have a really great system. Don't
forget the cost of optional filters and a power supply.

Now call Stan at TenTec and ask about the used OMNI VI and VI+ deals. They're
throwing in mikes, etc. You will be elated with either an Omni VI Option 3 or
an OMNI VI+. I have both and there's really no difference. By all means, get a
TenTec 961 or 962 power supply. They have the proper protection for your new
rig and its finals. Finally, select the filters you want. You can do it all for
less than $2000.

The Omni VI Opt 3 or + has a front panel that is easy to get used to.
Ergonomically great, in fact. You don't need a manual, but should read the one
TenTec will include.

There is a computer interface that works fine with logging programs.

If you operate CW, there is no finer QSK rig in the world.

This is a rig that you can grow with and that will last for a lifetime.

Let us know whatever your decision is

Dave
WA3MKB

From: <lciotti@twcny.rr.com>