Re: [TenTec] OT SWR VS Power Loss

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT SWR VS Power Loss
From: "Alfred Lorona" <w6wqc@dslextreme.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 23:13:38 -0700
> The text is fine -- you missed an important part of the sentence -- "in
> the
> time of one RF cycle."

No,  I didn't miss that. read my post again.

With reference to another post, I wish to add that antenna Q has nothing to
do with the current in the wire. The current is computed from ohm's law that
states I= sq rt of P/R.  Thus a halfwave long dipole with an impedance of 50
ohms and 100 watts fed to it has a current of 1.414 amps regardless of the
Q. The curent can not be greater than that otherwise we would be radiating
more power than is fed to it. Q only affects bandwidth. Incidentally, the
current can be increased by making the wire shorter. The impedance will be
lower, and, with the same 100 watts fed to it the current will be greater
than 1.414 amps. Will this make the short antenna a better antenna because
it has more current? No.

73, AL