Re: [TenTec] New Rig....

To: k9iua@yahoo.com, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Rig....
From: d.e.warnick@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 17:06:50 +0000
For me, it was a matter of pure laziness. I've had 3 (or was it 4) Corsair
II's. Every one was a great rig and I loved them. The dual receive with the
external VFO was wonderful. However, I operate all modes and QSY required me to
spin the knob from one band edge to the other (I told you I was lazy). I really
like the convenience of direct frequency entry (it's great on split when the DX
gives you a freq or a shift) and the fact that each band button saves 2
frequencies with filter settings, mode, etc. So if I want to QSY form 20 to 15,
one or 2 taps of the 15 button puts me there in the mode I want.

Both Corsair II and Omni VI+ are awesome rigs. See, it boils down to operator
preference (or laziness).

Dave
WA3MKB

From: Kevin Anderson <k9iua@yahoo.com>