Re: [TenTec] Serious market overlooked by ham manufacturers

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Serious market overlooked by ham manufacturers
From: philip c anderson <flypca@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 18:35:48 -0400
From: tentec-bounces@contesting.com > > [mailto:tentec-bounces@contesting.com]
On Behalf Of philip c anderson> > Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2008 3:45 PM> >
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment> > Subject: Re: [TenTec] Serious market
overlooked by ham manufacturers> > > > > > In a recent ARRL 6/27/08 web survey
the question was ask, do > > you operate the 220 mhz band?> > Of 2991 responses
the results were as follows:> > > > Frequently 5.9%> > Occasional
 ly 10.7%> > Rarely 12.3%> > Never 71.1%> > > > The numbers speak. > > > > Andy
, W3LI> > > To: tentec@contesting.com> Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 10:03:52 > >
-0400> From: > > > n3aws@aol.com> Subject: [TenTec] Serious market overlooked
by ham > > > manufacturers> > I know Ten Tec monitors this list.? As one > > of
the few > > > US manufacturers of ham radio equipment, there is a market being
> > > overlooked.? 1.25 meters.> > Japanese manufacturers aren't > > >
interested.? But VHF contesters are lacking in a supply of > > equipment > > >
for this band.> > A simple, relatively inexpensive self contained > > > SSB/CW
transceiver running maybe 10 watts if the price were in line > > > with the
single band units from MFJ would fill a niche > > market that has > > > no
competition at present.> > A cheaper than Elecraft > > transverter (not > > >
everyone neds a high end x-verter for this band) could also be a > > > winner.>
> American built quality.? Competitive prices.? I > > bet a l
 ot > > > of VHF/UHF contesters would come out of the wood work and > > buy
one.> > > > > Jim Walroth, N3AWS> > >