Re: [TenTec] Soviet Product Obsolescence

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Soviet Product Obsolescence
From: "Ron Zond" <k3miy@csonline.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 10:11:31 -0400
Hi

The tubes in the MiG 25 would survive EMP, but I doubt that the caps,
resistors, and coils would survive. If the discrete components don't work,
nothing else
will. If you want to learn about the MiG 25, get John Barron's book  "MiG
Pilot" . It gives an acurate
portrayal of life in the Soviet Air Force of the period through the eyes of
Viktor Belikov,
the pilot who flew the MiG 25 to Chitose Air Base, Japan on Sept 6, 1976. 73

Ron
K3MIY