Re: [TenTec] Help me Decide ??

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Help me Decide ??
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 23:12:31 -0400
Boy... that's harsh.

Doug, I don't know what happened to you -- and I know from your previous
posts that you don't care what others think of your opinion.  So be it.

All I can tell you is:
-- That my Corsair II runs rings, operationally, around my TS-140S.
-- That I still remain impressed with the Orion that W3WH used to own.
-- That the Omni VI+ that he picked up for a song is as impressive a rig as
the Orion is, especially when you consider the differences in age and
technology between the two rigs.
-- That the Omni VI+ that NB3C(KQ3DX) has puts the Yaesu rigs in his shack
to shame.
-- Finally, a few years ago when K3VX & I ran N3SH in the Pa QSO Party while
W3WH ran a SO QRP entry from the next cabin... Bill's Argonaut V ran solid
and acted like Larry's IC-706 wasn't in the same county, while the '706 knew
every single time Bill keyed.  And Bill ran at 5 W out, while the '706 ran a
full 100 W.

And anytime I've had a service issue or question for Ten-Tec -- and
sometimes on behalf of others, not myself -- I've gotten help and answers.

And I'm nobody special.

So, one has to wonder why you have the troubles you seem to claim you have?
But I guess that's a rhetorical question that will never be answered, since
you don't want to discuss it further.  OK then.

73