Re: [TenTec] Band Scopes

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Band Scopes
From: "Jim Brown K9YC" <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 08:09:50 -0700
On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:52:28 EDT, Rsoifer@aol.com wrote:

>By the time you get done with making up a "fully loaded" K3, you get a price
>that's not too far below that of my O II, which has everything except the
>antenna tuner and remote pod.

Yes. The K3 and Orion are quite comparable in value and features. NOT
IDENTICAL -- but in the same ballpark of quality and cost. My 100W K3 with
Antenna Tuner, module with connections for VHF transceivers and multiple
antennas, module with bandpass filters to make it a general coverage RX, and
a 400 Hz roofing filter cost me $2,705 with CA sales tax, as a kit. The kit
takes about 10 hours to assemble, and saves you a bit more than 10%.

73,

Jim K9YC