Re: [TenTec] Hercules II fan noise

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Hercules II fan noise
From: "Duane Calvin" <ac5aa1@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 17:55:53 -0500
Re: thermal engineering at TT - - Clearly not their forte, Steve, nor is
acoustics (your fan is an example, as was the Centaur amp).  Back to the
thermal side, check the heat sinks on the power module on the Orion (and the
Omni VI+ and probably others) - - the fins are mounted horizontally.  Seems
to me you would want to aid convection and orient them vertically.  But,
hey, I'm just a EE with a semester of thermodynamics and fluid mechanics,
not an ME!  (hi!)

        73, Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas