[TenTec] Omni VII Ethernet Connection

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VII Ethernet Connection
From: Mark Erbaugh <mark@microenh.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 15:05:31 -0400
I finally got around to reading the review of the Omni VII in the May
CQ.  The ethernet connection got me thinking. Apparently, it supplies
VoIP which contains digitized audio. Is that audio good enough to use
for computer digital modes (i.e. PSK31) without a computer soundcard?

I realize there are transmission delay issues going over the internet,
but over a home network or connected directly to a computer (via a
crossover cable), those shouldn't be an issue.

Mark