Re: [TenTec] Omni VI frequency error - problem solved

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI frequency error - problem solved
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 14:03:38 +0100
Marinus,

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately that method wont guarantee
the separate accuracies of the Local oscillator and the BFO. For
example, if the LO was out by 100Hz and the BFO was also out by 100Hz it
would still zero-beat OK.

I could probably zero-beat with known-frequency stations across several
bands, and that way distinguish BFO errors from LO errors. BFO errors
would remain fixed, whilst LO errors would vary with frequency. But it
would still be useful to have a frequency reference in the shack that I
could trust.

73,
Steve G3TXQ