[TenTec] Omni V problem, need help

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V problem, need help
From: g p <n2wjw@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 02:05:57 -0800 (PST)
Just purchased an OmniV with the N4PY chip and even though its a great rig I
have found a couple of small bugs I hope someone can help me with.

First, sidetone on the first character after not sending for about a minute or
so sounds like a "pop" and only on the first character, after that the tone
sounds nice and clean till I stop for a few seconds and start again....pop on
the first character. I have tried a keyer, straight key and adjusting just
about every knob in the back of the rig with no change.

Second SSB receive sounds fine on LSB, on USB sounds tiny with no bass or body
to the audio, adjusting C6 on the BFO board brings a little more body to the
audio but throws it off frequency.

Any help I can get with these problems would be appreciated, I would hate to
return the rig, it is awesome other wise.

Gil n2wjw