[TenTec] 4cx800s - GU74b

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] 4cx800s - GU74b
From: ac9s@mchsi.com
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 20:59:36 +0000
I was a little loose with the terminology when I posed the question on the
Alpha forum.  My 99 uses GU74bs and that is what Alpha evidently will be
providing again.  It is good news for those of us with an investment in amps
using the tubes.  By the way, when I think of a 1500 watt amp I think of
something like an Alpha - 1500 watts all day long into a dummy load at Dayton -
although an occasional RTTY contest is the closest any of us will likely come
to that.  There have been lots of fine amps in the last decade using the GU74b
and hopefully with tubes available again the amps will remain viable for a long
time.

Keith
AC9S