Re: [TenTec] Lone voice in the wind

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Lone voice in the wind
From: "CSM\(r\) Gary Huber" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 17:14:19 -0600
I'm well satisfied with my old Corsair II with matching external VFO
providing dual receive (RAB) as well as the other RA/RB, TA/TB options mated
with the OMNI VI+..... both of which were purchased during the last
production runs.  (I prefer to purchase mature products rather than the
latest box).  I've not seen anything in the Jupiter, Orion, ORION II that
would tempt me for another investment with the possibility of frustration
with software revisions and updates.... but for those who will.... "let the
buyer beware" ... if "it" doesn't work the way you want, why buy "it" until
"it" does?... or accept it and move on.

I've had nothing but the best experiences with TenTec Service, for example;
I purchased my NOS Titan 425 (an early model) from a dealer at more than $1K
below new price, only to have the QSK relay, plate choke, and a tube go bad
during the first 30 days. TT Service first sent the QSK relay parts and the
plate choke no charge.  When grid current was shown during idle, they had me
return the RF deck (est $60 UPS charge).  They replaced both 3CX800A7s and
updated the RF deck with the newest modifications and components at no
charge and no transport charges with a one week turn around so that I could
have the amp for a contest.

73 es DX,

Gary - AB9M