Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec OII - SSB Distortion

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec OII - SSB Distortion
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 15:32:08 -0600

 ck
>  on 160 o scramble its little brain, but I have always thought the Pro more
> succeptable to RF than the O2 and I don't have any evidence of RF in the
> shack.
>
> Does this trigger any thoughts?  I can work around the problem, but clearly
> something is wrong.
>
> Thanks --
>
> Keith
> AC9S

Maybe its going to AM that raises the gain and it doesn't go back when changing
to SSB. Try going to AM on another band, today on 10m you probably won't be
noticed.

Then try going to 160 AM on a dummy load. That will keep RF out of the
microphone input. Does it have the microphone connector grounding mod?

73, Jerry, K0CQ