Re: [TenTec] 1208 Transverter

To: <geraldj@storm.weather.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 1208 Transverter
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 12:39:18 -0600
Comment - these transverters aren't known to be great performers in areas
where multiple VHF and UHF commercial equipment is being operated.  Anything
that contributes to intermod either on RX or TX can spell problems.

RX intermod produces various birdies, false signals, burps, growls, howls
and such on receive, often covering desired signals.  On TX, radiation of
intermod can cause interference with commercial services such as police,
fire, ambulance and other services.  Should this happen, you will be a very
popular person with their technical staff.  The results will be very
"unkind".

I don't mean to poo poo your idea and use of equipment, but anything you can
do to make it clean and keep it that way will be greatly appreciated by all
spectrum users.

73
Bob,. K4TAX