Re: [TenTec] OT: Strange CW on 80m

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Strange CW on 80m
From: "Glenn AE0Q" <gm5bkc@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 10:59:15 -0700
Hello John,

  They may have been Cyrillic morse characters used by Russians.  Here
is a link to a table of other alphabets used on Morse:

http://homepages.cwi.nl/~dik/english/codes/morse.html

The Military doesn't always stick to frequency or callsign
allocations, and it could even have been terrorist comms.  If you
REALLY want to get into the strange communications on the spectrum,
check out this web site:

http://www.ominous-valve.com/uteworld.html

73 - Glenn AE0Q
ex CTM2, US Naval Security Group

--
"Remember, any tool can be the right tool!"   Red Green

 AE0Q / V31RY              ex: GM5BKC, ZB2WZ, SV0WY, WA0VPK
 ae0q@arrl.net      --SOWP 5558-M, ARRL LM, QCWA LM, OOTC, NCVA--
http://www.radiotipsandtales.com