Re: [TenTec] 2.041XL first audio crash

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 2.041XL first audio crash
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 20:16:48 -0600
I recall 3 or 4 weeks ago, just about the Orlando Hamfest time,  this
firmware was still in the evaluation mode and it was known the evaluation
was not completed per Tentec website.  On the other hand, hams screamed
"where is it, where is it, it was promised, where is it?".  Well, now we got
it.

May I suggest, just be careful and document in detail the issues (not wants)
and pass the info back to Tentec.  Also, look at it this way, this is a
great exercise and evaluation in finding these bugs.  To that end on a
positive note, some 200 to 300 hams operating the radio with the new
firmware, I would say is certainly better than 2 or 3 or so at the factory.
Remember, I can never see my own errors and mistakes but I sure can pick out
others.

Remember you want to be a part of the solution, not the problem.

73
Bob, K4TAX