Re: [TenTec] TEST

To: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TEST
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 18:47:59 -0600
Nope, just using OnePlug.  I do not use a computer at the radio for audio.

The internet feed connects to the DSL modem.  A short CAT 5 cable connects
the modem to the Syslink WRT110.  A CAT 5 cable connects to the Omni VII
from #1 of the 4 ports on the Syslink.  A second CAT 5 cable connects #2
port to the desk computer.  I wander around the house and shop with the
laptop running OnePlug.  The wireless link on the laptop shows 54Mbps
connect speed sometimes dropping to 43Mbps and occasionally to 34Mbps.

A couple of areas that I find fragile with OnePlug and the connection from
the wireless switch to the radio is the likelihood of RFI.  RX audio is
always quite good and solid so this leads me to believe that the data link
is solid.  TX is always the problem child.  I figure this is due to a bit of
RFI when the transmitter is producing RF and may appear to be noise on the
10Base-T circuit.  My effort to use some ferrite on both ends of all CAT 5
cables has noticeably lessened those occurrences.

I believe in keeping things simple.

73
Bob, K4TAX