Re: [TenTec] Transverter

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Transverter
From: Steve Berg <wa9jml@tbc.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 19:04:31 -0600
I have the QRP modification done to my Omni V, but it seems to have a
large RF spike when keyed,which was harmful to to the health of the PIN
diodes in my Ten Tec transverters. Using a padding attenuator would help
this quite a bit, but would diminish the sensitivity of the receiver
correspondingly.  To my knowledge, the Omni VI does not have transverter
ports, while the Omni V does.  But, the Ten Tec transverters are
designed for RF switching and are intended to hook up to the main
antenna coax connector on the IF rig, and will not work with normal
transverter ports.  I had excellent performance from my 6 and 2 meter
Ten Tec transverters, and used them for many years.

73,

Steve WA9JML EN51