[TenTec] Need OVP advice for Ten Tec 262

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Need OVP advice for Ten Tec 262
From: "Curt" <rhulett1@consolidated.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 10:35:40 -0500
I recently bought a used 262G for a Triton, understand these older supplies
with one pass transistor can fail, putting overvoltage to the radio.  Until
I can correct this deficiency, I'm reluctant to use the rig.  Unfortunately,
this Triton is the older variety with the Jones plug, so don't own a cable
to let me power the rig from one of my other supplies.

Ten Tec no longer sells the OVP kit.  I know the circuit is fairly simple,
but evidently there are modules available commercially that perform the same
function.

Would appreciate knowing what others have done to solve the overvoltage
problem, wiring in a commercially available product is my preference.

73, Curt KB5JO