[TenTec] OMNI D

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI D
From: Cal Zethmayr <w4gmh@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 9:06:37 -0400
I have been the happy user of a TEN TEC OMNI D for a little over 2 years.
Gets great signal reports on every band I work from 80-10 meters.  Have a
D-104(trans amp) mike, MFJ Versa tuner, feeding ladder line to a double zep 60'
up between some very tall trees. It has all 3 filters. They are great in
filtering down the qrm.

Someone told me recently that changing the filters also changes the transmitted
audio as they are switched down to filter the received audio.  I've read and
re-read the manual and don't find anything that says the filters make any
changes to the transmitted audio?

Comments anyone?

Cal Zethmayr
W4GMH@COX.NET