Re: [TenTec] What is the QRM on 7.031 MHz

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What is the QRM on 7.031 MHz
From: John - K4WJ <k4wjfoc1749@wildblue.net>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 21:06:13 -0400
Paul,

I've been hearing it, off and on, here in Florida since early this year. It
has been QRMing me on 7.020.28 during my morning sked. When I hear it on
7.020, I can tune lower in frequency and find at again around 7.005. It
appears to creep up in frequency and is around 7.030 during the evening
hours.

Some of my buddies think it is over-the-horizon radar but they really don't
know what kind of signal it is. It gets pretty loud here in north Florida in
the morning around 1200Z.

I sure hope it disappears soon.

73..de John/K4WJ