Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII vs. 6N2 (Model 526)

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII vs. 6N2 (Model 526)
From: <w4wst@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 15:24:56 -0400
I had a pro 111 and an omni v11 and  a/b'd them side by side and the omni v11
is far superior to the pro 111 IMHO. I know the icom devotees will not agree
but they think that icom is the second coming of obama.
---- Bill Mellema <mellema@qis.net> wrote:
> Jim:

I've used the ProII on six before I sold it to buy my Omni II. The Omni
is a good performer on any band in my opinion. I do a lot of six meter
SSB and CW and it works great. I can't compare it to the OmniVI+ since
I've never owned one. I suggest downloading the OmniVII manual and read
the product reviews...if your satisfied then you may want to order one
from Ten Tec and take advantage of their 30 day trial plan.

I am able to detect a 50.100 Mhz signal at -125.6 dbm (.117 uv) with the
preamp on in the Omni VII - using a Aeroflex 3920 Service Analyzer.

Hope this helps and good luck with your decision.

73's

Bill N3WM