[TenTec] Computer Interface for the Omni VI

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Computer Interface for the Omni VI
From: "David & Chris Drake" <drakes@psci.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 09:47:21 -0400
Hi everyone,
I'm a bit late to computer logging and have been experimenting with several
programs.  I made up a cable with a db25 on one end and a db9 on the other to
attached to the computer.  The TT manual does outline the necessary wiring
(there is one error that TT made in the manual, but I've fixed that).  The
manual also states that you need a level converter to use the mini plug serial
connection.  I have been having trouble setting up the various programs to read
the Omni VI(its an option 3).  Some I've set up as an Icom 735 and others do
have the Omni VI in their menus.

Just wondered if straight through cabling (db25 to db9) is the preferred
option?  (I just want to read the transciever with minimal rig control)

And the second question, is what programs seem to work the best with the Omni
VI?  There are a ton of them out there !

All comments appreciated.

Thanks,
David
Wd9cmd